Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun



This handbag made me smile ear to ear when I first saw it.

It made me think of the 80s, but in a good way...the black and white stripes, the cute button detail, the pouf of the bag, so evocative of LaCroix's La Pouf skirt of the era...it just brought me back to a happy place.
The bag, by British designer Emma Gordon for her own label, Emma Gordon London is hand made of cotton jersey and solid cotton with a subtle ric-rac trim. The bag is fully lined in a polka dot cotton fabric (another of my favorites from back in the day!).
It is so sweet and girly, like many of her other bags featured on her website Emma Gordon London which are made with an obvious eye to detail as well as a great sense of pattern and color. Based in London, girls on the other side of the Atlantic need not fret, since she offers free shipping worldwide (though the prices are in pounds, so you'll have to calculate them to dollars). The bag featured is the Martha Stripe retailing for £50 (about $100 give or take) but be sure to take a peek at some of her adorable clutches, which would be perfect alone, or slipped inside a larger bag as a pouch for small accessories...might as well replace that ziplock you've been using, right? Oh wait, that's my inner voice talking to me.
You can see the full range at Emma Gordon London.

No comments: