Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Film and Fashion.



While watching a movie, I often find myself focusing more on the wardrobe than the movie itself. I derive a lot of my style from my favorite movies, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds inspiration in cinema. So... today I'm discussing fun ways to incorporate some film flair into your style.

For starters, how about unleashing your inner stylish criminal and channel the lovely Faye Dunaway in Bonnie and Clyde?



♥ Grab yourself a short-sleeved vintage sweater. I'm head over heels for this canary yellow one from Vintagetrends.com.



♥ Pair it with a woolly beret. I rather fancy this one from Adorevintage.com.



Or perhaps you're going for a more 80's teen-queen, Pretty in Pink ensemble?



Admit it, we all wanted to be Molly Ringwald once upon a time. (I think Ducky was my first celebrity crush.)

♥ Browse Ebay for some obnoxiously (yet deliciously) flashy vintage 80's pieces and pile them on! My inner Molly is lusting after this floral mini from Ebay vintage seller Jumblelaya.



♥ If you're feeling especially daring, you could always snag an 80's prom dress from your local thrift shop and start snipping!

True to my title, I've gotta say that one of my personal inspirations is Kate Hudson as Penny Lane in Almost Famous.



♥ Express your free spirit in an uber-warm faux sheepskin coat like this one, from Black Light Vintage.



♥ Don't forget your John Lennon sunglasses.



Another one of my favorite film-fashionista's would have to Thora Birch as Enid in Ghost World. She had such fun, kitsch-y outfits that made me think of someone that plays dress-up every day.



♥ Enid's always wearing vintage eyeglasses, and I'm definitely jonesing for a pair of these fun frames from Retrospecs & Co.



♥ Enid also wears a lot of funky prints and vintage dresses, like this one from Rusty Zipper.



So what are some of your favorite style-inspiring movies?

No comments: