Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Fleet for you?



The reaction was a little mixed last time I posted about Fleet Ilya. Now that the website is lot more evolved, it seems far more clear as to what Fleet Ilya is all about and now I'm sure that there's a Fleet Ilya accessory for everyone, despite the self tagged 'taboo-breaking' description.



We have the 'Classic' line which consists of simple oversized bags (I spy the bag as a dress trick there...), well made belts and even a simple harness that concentrates on craftsmanship that comes from Ilya Fleet's (one half of the partnership behind the label) background and training under saddler Robin Cochrane.



Fleetilyaclassic



Then there's the 'Concept' line with couture pieces that mainly involves powerful statement-making belts used in Ana Sekularac's AW08 show. The belt with a one shoulder strap has me thinking about the belt being used more as a garment than an accessory.



Fleetilyaconcept



Finally we have the 'Restraint' line, probably the most intriguing out of the lot as whilst it's described as the 'epitome of luxury bondage' and I'm not really into bondage gear, I love the extremity of the harnasses and accessories. The lookbook images here obviously are purposely provocative but again, out of that context and they become something else altogether...



Fleetilyan1



Fleetilyan2



Fleetilyan3



Fleetilyan4



I'll find out for myself once and for all, what sort of Fleet Ilya girl I am as they're holding a sample sale this weekend at Unit 8 Maun House,1 Dunn Street, London.



No comments: