Monday, July 7, 2008

Cage Campaign



Stockholmstyle1



Stockholmstyle2



Mind is refreshed and ready to type something a little more intelligent than simply 'Look at me in a floral cage skirt!'. Apologies for post-repetition/expansion. Very tardy of me indeed. However it had to be recalled and retold. So I ambled into the Acne SS09 show in my floral cage skirt worn over a vintage dress with my Sophia Malig floral leggings and Ann Demeulemeester jacket and topped off with the new Marni shoes (comfy for five hours but I did have a pair of emergency flats with me after that....). The show was being held at the Acne headquarters and so all the Acne peeps were there. All the different countries' press reps, the creative team etc, so me showing up in the floral cage skirt could easily have ended up being a bit of a laughing stock. I might well be known as the 'The Girl who Showed Up in an Acne Knock Off.' However, I was pretty defiant in my campaign. As soon as the show was over and the chit chat and meet'n'greet was going on, in preparation for the post-show dinner which was also held in the show venue for all guests, people started asking me about my skirt. I can't quite remember how many times I retold the story but it was quite a few....it went something like this...



'I have a bone to pick with Acne. I saw the cage skirts in the SS08 show and waited and waited, and it never turned up in-stores online or in London. So a friend of mine (that's you Angie...!) made this for me....'.



The story was rolled out to the Acne press people who seemed to love it. The production guy at Acne heard it and he apologised. Who knows what they were thinking secretly but the final conclusion was that the Acne press people said they would try to track down the cage skirt and get it over to me.... who knows how that will transpire but in any case, it's good to know the skirts weren't discarded as malfunctioning show pieces (apparently Leigh from the Misshapes wore the cage skirt to the Acne x Lanvin party in Paris on Monday...).



But what of the show? I did a write-up for Dazed Digital but at the end of the show, all I could say was 'Very Acne...'. Not very intelligent sounding at all. What I meant though was that all the pieces seemed to have high-end aspirations and editorial approaches; sheer stripy loose leggings, exposed seams, sheer panels, jutting out hip shapes but then it was all equally casual-fied by the loose/relaxed fits and the very 'day' fabrics.



Acness09



(Show images from Modette, Outfit pics by the Stockholm Street Style site)



No comments: