Sunday, July 6, 2008

Copy This!



Warning - angry rant to follow soon...
while I am flattered that there are readers out there who think enough of Fashion Trend Guide's content to copy and paste it onto their sites, it enrages me to the point of wanting to go to law school and become an IP expert so I can teach these thieves a lesson. Either that, or beating blog thieves to a pulp with some fierce stilettos, which I only fantasize about (just kidding). Here's a bit of helpful information for all bloggers who may not know a lot about the law. IT IS ILLEGAL to copy and paste the content on this blog onto another site unless you have permission from yours truly, Poster Girl. I have legal agreements to share content with certain affiliates and advertisers, and unless you're one of them, please DO NOT steal content from this site. I will actively seek and pursue you until the content is removed, as I did with a certain blogger recently. Now that the blog with stolen content has been suspended, I can attest from personal experience that web and blog hosting sites act swiftly to investigate copyright infringement because they take it VERY seriously. So do lawyers, so please respect the law and the creativity and hard work of others, and don't do it. And now off I go to edit previous posts with a © symbol. It's a shame I even have to do this...

No comments: