Saturday, June 28, 2008

walking on sunshine



The office building outside my window says that it is 4° in Toronto- a bright, glorious heatwave compared to what it's been like these past months, and the first time I've been able to wear open toed shoes without knit stockings. Next week I'll be in NY where it is three times as warm. Time to break out the sundresses. Hurrah for spring!
The YSL Tribute sandals above were spotted leaving a Giambattista Valli show. I'm not crazy about the Tributes, simply because they seemed to be attached to every third body at Paris Fashion Week, but as for Signore Valli, I wouldn't mind having his fierce sandals in my wardrobe this summer...


A little risky in the death department (particularly if you have a ceiling fan, though I acquire more injuries from head-butting doorframes and falling down stairs), but very pretty.



P.S. They look similar to this Gucci design from 2006, don't they?

La Coquette wrote about her experiences walking on these and other killer heels for Chicago Magazine a while back...

No comments: