Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sustainable packaging



I could use some help with this. Pia writes among other things (snipped):



This is Pia the woman you sent the book to in Norway. What I am most interested in is in the contamination that the packaging and distribution of goods involve. All of us deliver the clothes in plastics, some even with plastic hangers! and as soon as the garments come into the shops, the shop managers rip off the plastic and throw away the hangers because they probably have their own. What happens with all that plastic???

I have been researching on the use of either oxo-biodegradable plastics or bio plastics (from corn starch) for packaging my goods. I have read about both and there are advantages and disadvantages on both. I'm am more in favour of using the biodegradable plastic but I'm a bit insecure. Some of the information i have collected state that the additive they use to make the plastic easier to degrade is very contaminating, but some other reports completely deny this information.


No comments: