Friday, June 27, 2008

SpinLash



300.JPG

I'm pretty gadget averse, so SpinLash is about as tech as I go (the two-part Revolving Mascara took me a good 5 minutes to figure-out...is it just me or were the instructions confusing?!) Anyway, the mechanism, once I figured it out, is super-easy -- just pop the SpinLash mascara onto the stick, hold-down a button, and the mascara brush will begin rotating slowly to apply mascara (black or brown), as it combs through your lashes. It took me a few times to figure out how to properly use it, because while it rotates slowly, it's very efficient -- it worked way faster than I thought so the first time I tried it I had tons of big clumps in my lashes! That said, it really only takes practice and after 2 or 3 times you get the hang of it, and I have to say that for $14.95, I found the quality of the brush to be above-average and the mascara was long-lasting. Besides leaving your lashes mostly clump-free, SpinLash's greatest asset is that it does a great job at separating and elongating...gotta love long, dark lashes!

However, a major drawback for me is that the SpinLash is both longer and wider than your average mascara, so there's no fitting it in a clutch when I go out. Also the packaging-- bronzed plastic -- is just crying for a makeover! Buy SpinLash here!

No comments: