Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two birds with one stone.



Today's post incorporates both of my current projects. Project one: the three R's.

the "pants" purse

the "pants" purse

the "pants" purse


Voila, one man's pants is another gal's purse. This handy little tote was a pair of Dean's vintage corduroys in it's past life, now it's been reconstructed into my new favorite bag. It's the perfect size for all the odds and ends I need to carry and it's wide strap is super-comfy on my shoulder. My favorite aspect is the two perfect pockets for my cell phone and keys and such. I added a lining from some vintage scrap fabric that I believe used to be a blanket, and one of my antique buttons.

Here's said satchel in a daily ensemble, which takes care of project numero dos, my W.E.I.O. post for today:

09.26.2007


vintage floral sundress: thrifted
vintage cowboy boots: thrifted
crocheted slouchy beret: Wal-Mart
reconstructed corduroy bag: handmade by moi
vintage wayfarers: Spence's Bazaar

Woot for efficiency. :]

No comments: