Monday, June 30, 2008

There's bread down the road and garms at the top



Whitchar2 I've been quite lucky with work locations thus far in terms of Chances for Lunchtime Shopping Sessions. I had the lovely Lamb's Conduit Street seconds away and it only took a wee bus ride to get to Topshop Oxford Circus and I must grudgingly admit that that has served me well on the occasional emergency outfit situations. Now however, in my new location, whilst I'm not stranded on a desert island, it's not exactly a bustling hub-hub either. Though, I am in foodie heaven being right next to Whitecross Street that smells of yummy chorizo sandwiches, Thai curry and all artisinal baked goods. The fashion fodder emerged though, first with the magazine market stall where it sells three issues of one-month old fashion magazines for two quid and then the charity shop.



This one isn't discreet about its wares either with rails, boxes and bags all displayed outside the shop. I did sheepishly think that being so close to quite a few London fashion publications, there might be some insane cast-offs in there. Alas, it wasn't to be BUT it did pass my charity shop litmus test which was to get great value out of a tenner. For my tenner yesterday, I got a distressed leather skirt for £3. Now, distressed and leather does sound pretty unpleasant and the skirt will probably remind a lot of people of bad denim effects. For some reason, I'm really into it and it's also surprisingly soft. A pair of nubby/sparkly/wooly Giorgio Armani black skinny trousers for a £7 was a bit of a score too and I do love a quick and cheap trew buy seeing as the thought of trying on trouser in department stores makes me want to cry...



Whitchar



So, bye-bye quick Topshop fixes and hello to weekly/daily trawls at Whitecross Street charity shop and lovely crusty olive bread...



P.S. Excuse the wretched look... a little hungover and bloated from excessive post-alcohol greasy food...hmm...



No comments: