Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Isabelle Posillico Jewelry



Jewelry Designer and Metalsmith

Isabelle Posillico was born just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark. She grew up in Idaho, and moved to Long Beach, California, in 1984 to study Architectural Interior Design. After having a successful career in that field for several years, she believed it was time for her to create in a more immediate way.



gold and gemstone ring

'Road Trip' Wide Band Ring

18k gold, Aquamarine, Blue Sapphire, and diamond.

Can be made with other gemstones.

$1975



After taking one Jewelry and Metalsmithing class at Long Beach City College, Isabelle quickly became challenged in this new media, and continued with one more class doing large metal hollowware objects. With only the basic techniques, she decided that this was to be her new career. With self-taught skills, book study, attending workshops, and with her strong background in design, Isabelle has developed her own signature style.



gold bracelet

'Irene' Cuff Bracelet

18k gold, Citrine, Diamonds, and Sapphires

Can be made with other gemstones.

$2945



Isabelle calls her work Elegant Contemporary Jewelry, and she creates her jewelry in various karat golds that are crafted into many different sizes and shapes. Pearls, diamonds, and gemstones provide the color, which is very important to the appearance of her unique pieces of art. Most of her jewelry designs are one-of-a-kind, but she also does some limited edition pieces.



designer pendant

'Bouquet Garden' Brooch/Pendant

18k Gold, Pearl, and gemstones.

Can be made with other gemstones.

$2145



For the past few years, she has been designing and creating jewelry full-time, and has been showing her work at various juried shows throughout the country, and at several galleries. Isabelle has also built a strong retail clientele that collects her work at shows or by requesting private commissions.



Isabelle is married to internationally known painter, Leo Posillico. Together they create their various forms of fine art in their studios in Northern California. When not designing and creating jewelry, she has been redesigning and remodeling their home and gardens in Santa Rosa, California.



Artist Statement

My pieces include earrings, some with detachable long stems, brooches that can also become pendants, pendants, bangle and link bracelets, necklaces, and cuff links. My latest collection includes beautiful and fun stackable rings. I like my jewelry to have a sense of elegance, yet fun.



I create my jewelry in series, such as the Garden series, which features formed leaves between the winding wire and grouped stones. The metals that I work with are 14k, 18k, and 22k gold, and a little sterling silver. Color is very important to my work. I play with various combinations of metals, gemstones, and pearls, until I like the balance and composition.



Sometimes I do quick sketches on paper or on my laptop computer, and other times I just have the design in my head and start to work. As I work on each individual piece, I sometimes change a few of the details and arrive at an even better design.



My jewelry pieces are hand-fabricated and constructed through sawing, forming, soldering, polishing, and texturing. I love to solder, and even though I dislike the polishing process, this is how I like to have the final finish to my pieces. I also use various types of texture as part of the finish on some of my pieces of jewelry.


See full article
.





Related Entries:


Dawn Vertrees Jewelry Designer - 14 March 2008


Alexis Bittar Jewelry Designer - 14 April 2008


Lori Bonn Jewelry Designer - 17 April 2008


Dana David Jewelry Collection - 14 May 2008













Contents of this feed are a property of Creative Weblogging Limited and are protected by copyright laws. Violations will be prosecuted. Please email us if you'd like to use this feed for non-commercial activities at feeds - at - creative-weblogging.com.





No comments: